Terms of Service
Queer Haus is a platform imagined by queer people for queer people to share content freely and engage with like minded people. We strive for intersectionality, welcoming people of various backgrounds and providing a non-toxic and harassment-free environment.
This is a community space, which means we trust that everyone will contribute to maintaining respect and accountability. When community resolve is not enough, the admins and care crew of Queer Haus are here to help resolve conflicts.
The following guidelines are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administration of Queer Haus. The guidelines are mainly here to provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies. We are learning and improving as we go, this document may become more detailed in the future. By using Queer Haus services you agree to the terms detailed below.
Remember that conducting any illegal activities on our platform could threaten our community as a whole. Therefore the following behaviours may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Harassment, stalking or disclosure of others’ personal details (doxing) will not be tolerated.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, immigration status, religion, or other identity marker. This includes anti-Indigenous/Nativeness and anti-Blackness and advocation of any of the aforementioned.
- Hate speech and advocation of, such as, but not limited to: white supremacy, ethnostate advocacy, discussion of national socialism / nazism will not be tolerated.
- Any content that is illegal in Germany will be deleted and may lead to immediate account suspension.
- Discussion about prohibited substances are allowed and appreciated but activity centered around selling or soliciting will be removed and may lead to account suspension.
- You are not allowed to crawl or archive this website. The only exception is people downloading their own toot archives.
- Actions intended to damage this instance or its performance may lead to immediate account suspension.
Code of conduct
- Use content warnings on any potentially triggering, disturbing or controversial posts.
- If you post sexual content, use content warnings. We do not consider nipples of any gender to be sexual content, post them freely!
- Don't post nudes of others without their explicit consent. This also applies to pornography you found online.
- If you're paid to post advertisements or sponsored content, use a content warning. Advertisements should not be excessive or automated.
- Describe your images with captions using the built in tool.
- When possible, provide credit for creative works in your posts that are not your own.
If you have trouble with a local or remote user, violating these rules, please report the content using the built in tool, and we will deal with it as soon as we can. Keep in mind we are all volounteers and it might take some time for us to respond.
Changes to our Terms of Service
If we decide to change our Terms of Service, we will post those changes on this page. These terms of service are CC-BY-SA. Last updated July 11, 2020.
- Mandatory account information: Username (always public), e-mail address, and password.
- Optional account information: Display name, biography, profile information fields, profile picture, and header image. Display name, biography, profile picture and header image will always be public.
- Statuses and interactions: We retain all your posts including attachments, and other interactions (such as favourites, follows and reblogs). In addition to the content and people involved, we also store the timestamps for all of the listed data entries. If these interactions impact another server (eg. following, boosting, or messaging a user on a different server), this other server will receive all required information. Public, unlisted, and pinned posts are only available to signed in users. Local-only posts will not be sent to other servers. Follower-only posts are available to your followers, and direct messages are available to you and all people mentioned in the message. Please note that since we cannot control other servers, this means that we cannot guarantee the privacy status of your messages as soon as they leave our server.
- Other metadata: We do not log or store your IP address as a rule. Exceptions will be made when we actively search for errors. Once we have finished the search for errors, collected IP addresses will be deleted. We retain the name of your browser application to allow you to review your currently logged in sessions for security reasons.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To provide the core functionality of our services. You can only interact with other people's content and post your own content when you are logged in. For example, you may follow other people to view their combined posts in your own personalized home timeline.
- To aid moderation of the community – when a status or account is reported, we will look into the matter as part of our moderation tasks.
- The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications about other people interacting with your content or sending you messages, and to respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. Among other things, your browser session, as well as the traffic between your applications and the API, are secured with HTTPS, and your password is hashed using a strong one-way algorithm. You may enable two-factor authentication to further secure access to your account.
Information deletion and retention
You can request and download an archive of your content, including your posts, media attachments, profile picture, and header image.
You may irreversibly delete your account at any time.
If we judge you to be breaking our rules, we may irreversibly delete your account at any time.
Information is not disclosed unless you explicitly permit it. The only exception is the provider of our server, who is a trusted and unavoidable third party.
Contacting or permitting contact from a user from a different instance implies your consent that the required data is shared with the server in question.
Authorization of a third-party application grants information access depending on the scope of permissions you approve. The application may access your public profile information, your following list, your followers, your lists, all your posts, and your favourites. Applications can never access your e-mail address or password.
Site usage by children
Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 16 years old. If you are under the age of 16, per the requirements of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) do not use this site.